Definition | Treatment | Management of Disease | Diagnosis | Symptoms | Etiology | Pathophysiology | Procedure

 

Lung Defense Mechanism


Lung defense mechanisms are very important in explaining the occurrence of respiratory infections. lung has defense mechanisms to prevent bacteria from entering into the lungs. cleaning mechanism are:
1. Cleaning mechanism in the conductive airways, including:
• Reepitelisasi airway
• The flow of mucus on the surface epithelium
• Bacteria naturally or "epithelial-cell binding site analogue"
• Local humoral factors (IgG and IgA)
• Components of the local microbial
• Mucosilliar transport system
• Sneezing and coughing reflexes

Upper respiratory tract (nasopharynx and oropharynx) is a defense mechanism through the barrier against the entry of the anatomy and mechanism of pathogenic microorganisms. Cilia and mucus push microorganisms out of the way coughed or swallowed.
If there is dysfunction of cilia as in Kartagener's syndrome, the use of nasogastric tube and pipe nasotracheal long can disrupt the flow of secretions that have been contaminated with pathogenic bacteria. In these circumstances may occur nosocomial infection or "Hospital Acquired Pneumonia".

2. Cleaning mechanism in "Respiratory airway exchange", include:
• The fluid lining the alveolar surfactant include
• The system of local humoral immunity (IgG)
• Alveolar Macrophages and inflammatory mediators
• Withdrawal of neutrophils
Humoral immune system plays an important role in lung defense mechanisms (upper airway). IgA is one part of the nasal secretions (10% of the total protein nasal secretions). Patients with IgA deficiency have an increased risk for upper respiratory tract infection recurring yan. Colonization of bacteria that often hold the upper airway often removing and damaging IgA proteolytic enzymes. Gram-negative bacteria (Pseudomonas aeruginosa, E.colli, Serratia spp, Proteus spp, and Klebsiella pneumoniae) has the ability to destroy IgA. Deficiencies and damage to any component of upper airway defense led to the colonization of pathogenic bacteria as facilities for lower respiratory tract infection.

3. Cleaning mechanism in the subglottic airways
Subglottic airway defense mechanisms composed of anatomic, mechanical, humoral and cellular components. Mechanism of closure of the glottis and cough reflex is the main defense against the aspirate from the oropharynx. In case of malfunctioning of the glottis it dangerous for lower respiratory tract that are normally sterile. Nasogastric tube mounting action, tool tracheostomy facilitate the entry of bacterial pathogens directly into the lower respiratory tract. Impaired mucociliary function may facilitate the entry of pathogenic bacteria into the lower respiratory tract, even acute infection by Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae and viruses can damage the cilia movement.

4. Cleaning mechanism in the "respiratory airway gas exchange"
Bronchioles and alveol have a defense mechanism as follows:
• The liquid that coats alveol:
a. Surfactants
A fat-rich glycoprotein, consists of several components of SP-A, SP-B, SP-C, SP-D that serves to strengthen phagocytosis and killing of bacteria by macrophages.
b. Anti-bacterial Activity (non specific) : FFA, lysozyme, iron binding protein.
• IgG (IgG1 and IgG2 subset that serves as an opsonin)
• alveolar macrophages that act as the first defense mechanism
• Serves to attract PMN leucocytes into the alveoli (there GNB infections, Pseudomonas aeruginosa)
• Mediator biology
Ability to attract PMN to the airway, including C5a, the production of alveolar macrophages, cytokines, leucotrienes
Tags : Defense Mechanism of lung, Defense Mechanisms of the Respiratory SystemPulmonary defence mechanisms

Comments :

6 comment to “Lung Defense Mechanism”

Felix Lina said... on 

I am not sure of the cause of COPD emphysema in my case. I smoked pack a day for 12 or 13 years, but quit 40 years ago. I have been an outdoor person all my adult life. Coughing started last summer producing thick mucus, greenish tint to clear. I tried prednisone and antibiotics, but no change. X-rays are negative, heart lungs and blood and serum chemistries all are normal. I have lung calcification from childhood bout with histoplasmosis. I am 75 years old and retired.My current doctor directed me to totalcureherbsfoundation .c om which I purchase the COPD herbal remedies from them ,they are located in Johannesburg, the herbal treatment has effectively reduce all my symptoms totally, am waiting to complete the 15 weeks usage because they guaranteed me total cure.

Ohnevallen said... on 

I was diagnose COPD and emphysema, and before I received herbal prescription from multivitamin herbal cure, it was affecting my day-to-day activities. For example, I wasn’t able to get dressed in the morning without reaching for my oxygen. Difficulties with small things like this also caused me to hesitate over going out to do errands or have dinner.All that changed in December 2018 after I received my herbal treatment at multivitamincare . org I can now leave the house without bringing my oxygen concentrator along. I also noticed that my wheezes less, and my attitude has become much more positive. I even gained back my weight and improved my daily activities. I’m a strong advocate for other chronic lung disease patients seeking help from multivitamin herbal remedies and says, “What they’ve done for me and my life, it’s been almost a miracle.”

rishi said... on 

Its always good to learn tips like you share for blog posting. As I just started posting comments for blog and facing problem of lots of rejections. I think your suggestion would be helpful for me. I will let you know if its work for me too. western university of health sciences acceptance rate

rishi said... on 

Wonderful great going, I love your work and look forward for more work from your side. I am a regular visitor of this site and by now have suggested many people. can apple cider vinegar lower blood pressure immediately?

Daniel Lan said... on 

“I was walking and my husband was telling me to slow down because he couldn’t keep up with me.”
Denise F. lived with COPD and chronic asthma for many years. When her quality of life continued to decline, Denise decided to try something different.While being with her horses brought her peace and joy, not being able to breathe made spending time with them challenging. When her grandchildren would visit, she couldn’t even participate in their activities.After the herbal recommendation at the ( multivitamincare org ) Denise my best friend no longer needs oxygen or a walker and has seen many improvements. She can walk, clean her house, go shopping, enjoy a vacation, ride her horses, lift hay bales and do anything she wants to do.Now, when her grandchildren visit, they can ride horses together and make wonderful memories. And, Denise wants to lead the way, “I was walking and my husband was telling me to slow down because he couldn’t keep up with me.”
If you or someone you love has COPD, emphysema, pulmonary fibrosis or another chronic lung disease and would like to see results like Denise’s, contact them on their website to learn more about your lung disease treatment options how to overcome it.

Victoria said... on 

I started on Bronchiectasis Herbal treatment from ultimate health home,the treatment worked incredibly for my condition,I used the herbal treatment for almost 5 months, it reversed my Bronchiectasis condition,I recommended this ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com to anyone who needs help.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free TopOfBlogs

Followers