Definition | Treatment | Management of Disease | Diagnosis | Symptoms | Etiology | Pathophysiology | Procedure

 

Emphysema

Emphysema Lung Is the permanent widening of the structure of pulmonary gas exchange that is distal to the terminal bronchioles, accompanied by destruction of alveolar walls.

Etiology
  1. Main factors: smokers either active smoking or passive smoking depending on the length, number, how to smoke.
  2. Air pollution, in the form: Particles, These chemicals, Toxic Gas
  3. Infections: viral and bacterial
  4. Genetics:
a. Talent arise emphysema
b. The balance of destructive enzymes (protease) & protective enzymes (alpha-1-antitrypsin).

Google Image
Pathogenesis
Inhalation of cigarette smoke or pollutants stimulate cells in the lung macrophages and neutrophils produce elastase and collagenase is an enzyme that damages the fibers of elastin and collagen, and which is the framework of the alveoli and acini in order not to collapse. Smoking also inhibit the action of alpha-1-antitrypsin, an enzyme that protects elastin fibers against proteases.
In the lung there is a balance between destroying enzyme (protease) and protective enzymes (alpha-1-antitrypsin). Due to destruction of fibers of the lung elastin & collagen loss of elastic recoil.

Complaints and Clinical Symtomps
Progressive shortness of breath, tired easily when moving.
Pure emphysema without coughing, shortness, of breath sounds, sputum.
Breathing by means of "purse lips" aims to breathe more easily because of the onset of back pressure in the bronchioles so easy expiration and prevent "water trapping".

On physical examination found:
Chest barrel shaped chest, the space between the ribs widen.
Lung hyperinflation, the percussion sounds hipersonor, reduced chest expansion, difficulties inspiration, decreased breath sounds, rhonchi could be heard when there is phlegm.

Diagnosis
Based on anamnesa, complaints and symptoms, supplemented by investigation as follows:
  • PA chest X-ray photo:
Lung looks hyperaereted.
Reduced vascular picture and not look at the third peripheral lung field, it appears the bulla, where the diaphragm is low, little heart shape in the form of water droplets.
  • Tests pulmonary physiology:
Showed abnormalities obstruction.
FEV1 <80% pred. and restrictive decreased FVC <70%, RV> pred. in accordance with lung hyperinflasi
  • Examination of enzymatic:
Levels of alpha-1-antitrypsin is low.
  • Analysis of blood gases:

There hipercapnea hypoxemia and the alveoli as a result of capillary damage and interference ratio of ventilation / perfusion.

Differential Diagnosis

Management of Emphysema
  • Prevention: stop smoking, reduce exposure to air pollution.
  • There is no effective treatment and satisfactory.
  • Treatment with a new bronchodilator reversibility is given when there is obstruction.
  • Antibiotics are given if there are signs of respiratory tract infection.
  • Oxygen increases when crowded.
  • Rehabilitation of relaxation with breathing exercises, postural drainage, exercise improves breathing capacity.
  • Treatment of the complications.

Complications
  • Pneumothorax: outbreak caused superficial bulla
  • Respiratory failure: due to bad ratio of ventilation / perfusion
  • Cor pulmonale: arise due to pulmonary hypertension due to hypoxemia and pulmonary vasospasm
  • Weight loss until emasiasi.

Prognosis
In emphysema caused by deficiency of alpha-1-antitrypsin bad prognosis.
Prognosis is determined by:
  • The rate of progression of the emphysema
  • The degree of bronchial obstruction and reversibilitasnya
  • The presence of complications
  • The accuracy of the management of emphysema.
Tags : emphysema definition, emphysema stages, symptoms emphysema, cause of emphysema, signs of emphysema, symptoms emphysema, emphysema life expectancy, emphysema prognosis, emphysema lung, what is emphysema, emphysema disease, pulmonary emphysema

Comments :

10 comment to “Emphysema”

Treatment of Asthma said... on 

Generally we do not have any type of information and we do not know about some disease but now a days there are lots of information provide on internet. I read this your details about Emphysema disease and i am aware about this disease. Hope all are know about Emphysema.

Thank you so much to share this important information with me.
==============================================
Treatment Of Asthma

Unknown said... on 

Selfishness must always be forgiven you know, because there is no hope of a cure. See the link below for more info.


#cure
www.ufgop.org

Derek Rooney said... on 

I had COPD for 9 years. My first symptoms were dry cough, chest tightness and shortness of breath. My first chest x-ray only showed bronchitis. Finally I went to a pulmonologist and was diagnosed with COPD.i have used all the medication yet they don’t work, last year December I was told by a formal emphysema patient to use totalcureherbsfoundation. c om herbal treatment which I really did,i was surprise the herbal products effectively get rid of my COPD totally. When you get where you cannot breathe it may be too late. Good luck to each and every one that will be trying their herbal treatment .

Derek Rooney said... on 

I had COPD for 9 years. My first symptoms were dry cough, chest tightness and shortness of breath. My first chest x-ray only showed bronchitis. Finally I went to a pulmonologist and was diagnosed with COPD.i have used all the medication yet they don’t work, last year December I was told by a formal emphysema patient to use  totalcureherbsfoundation. c om herbal treatment which I really did,i was surprise the herbal products effectively get rid of my COPD totally. When you get where you cannot breathe it may be too late. Good luck to each and every one that will be trying their herbal treatment .

Felix Lina said... on 

I am not sure of the cause of COPD emphysema in my case. I smoked pack a day for 12 or 13 years, but quit 40 years ago. I have been an outdoor person all my adult life. Coughing started last summer producing thick mucus, greenish tint to clear. I tried prednisone and antibiotics, but no change. X-rays are negative, heart lungs and blood and serum chemistries all are normal. I have lung calcification from childhood bout with histoplasmosis. I am 75 years old and retired.My current doctor directed me to totalcureherbsfoundation .c om which I purchase the COPD herbal remedies from them ,they are located in Johannesburg, the herbal treatment has effectively reduce all my symptoms totally, am waiting to complete the 15 weeks usage because they guaranteed me total cure.

Ivanna Santino said... on 

I'm 59 years old and female. I was diagnosed a couple of years ago with COPD and I was beyond scared! My lung function test indicated 49% capacity. After having had flu a year ago, the shortness of breath, coughing and chest pains continued even after being treated with antibiotics. I've been smoking two packs a day for 36 years. Being born without a sternum caused my ribs to be curled in just one inch away from my spine, resulting to underdeveloped lungs. At age 34 I had surgery and it was fixed. Unfortunately my smoking just caused more damage to my already under developed lungs. The problem was having is that I enjoy smoking and don't want to give up! Have tried twice before and nearly went crazy and don't want to go through that again. I saw the fear in my husband and children's eyes when I told them about my condition then they start to find solution on their own to help my condition.I am an 59 now who was diagnose COPD emphysema which I know was from my years of smoking. I started smoking in school when smoking was socially acceptable. I remember when smoking was permitted in hospitals. It was not known then how dangerous cigarettes were for us, and it seemed everybody smoked but i was able to get rid of my COPD lung condition through the help of total cure herbal foundation my husband bought, totalcureherbsfoundation .c om has the right herbal formula to help you get rid and repair any lung conditions and cure you totally with their natural organic herbs,it class products at affordable prices. Purchase these medicines and get the generic medicines delivered in USA, UK & Australia,I wish anybody who starts smoking at a young age would realize what will eventually happen to their bodies if they continue that vile habit throughout their life.

Ivanna Santino said... on 

I'm 59 years old and female. I was diagnosed a couple of years ago with COPD and I was beyond scared! My lung function test indicated 49% capacity. After having had flu a year ago, the shortness of breath, coughing and chest pains continued even after being treated with antibiotics. I've been smoking two packs a day for 36 years. Being born without a sternum caused my ribs to be curled in just one inch away from my spine, resulting to underdeveloped lungs. At age 34 I had surgery and it was fixed. Unfortunately my smoking just caused more damage to my already under developed lungs. The problem was having is that I enjoy smoking and don't want to give up! Have tried twice before and nearly went crazy and don't want to go through that again. I saw the fear in my husband and children's eyes when I told them about my condition then they start to find solution on their own to help my condition.I am an 59 now who was diagnose COPD emphysema which I know was from my years of smoking. I started smoking in school when smoking was socially acceptable. I remember when smoking was permitted in hospitals. It was not known then how dangerous cigarettes were for us, and it seemed everybody smoked but i was able to get rid of my COPD lung condition through the help of total cure herbal foundation my husband bought, totalcureherbsfoundation .c om has the right herbal formula to help you get rid and repair any lung conditions and cure you totally with their natural organic herbs,it class products at affordable prices. Purchase these medicines and get the generic medicines delivered in USA, UK & Australia,I wish anybody who starts smoking at a young age would realize what will eventually happen to their bodies if they continue that vile habit throughout their life.

Ohnevallen said... on 

I was diagnose COPD and emphysema, and before I received herbal prescription from multivitamin herbal cure, it was affecting my day-to-day activities. For example, I wasn’t able to get dressed in the morning without reaching for my oxygen. Difficulties with small things like this also caused me to hesitate over going out to do errands or have dinner.All that changed in December 2018 after I received my herbal treatment at multivitamincare . org I can now leave the house without bringing my oxygen concentrator along. I also noticed that my wheezes less, and my attitude has become much more positive. I even gained back my weight and improved my daily activities. I’m a strong advocate for other chronic lung disease patients seeking help from multivitamin herbal remedies and says, “What they’ve done for me and my life, it’s been almost a miracle.”

Daniel Lan said... on 

“I was walking and my husband was telling me to slow down because he couldn’t keep up with me.”
Denise F. lived with COPD and chronic asthma for many years. When her quality of life continued to decline, Denise decided to try something different.While being with her horses brought her peace and joy, not being able to breathe made spending time with them challenging. When her grandchildren would visit, she couldn’t even participate in their activities.After the herbal recommendation at the ( multivitamincare org ) Denise my best friend no longer needs oxygen or a walker and has seen many improvements. She can walk, clean her house, go shopping, enjoy a vacation, ride her horses, lift hay bales and do anything she wants to do.Now, when her grandchildren visit, they can ride horses together and make wonderful memories. And, Denise wants to lead the way, “I was walking and my husband was telling me to slow down because he couldn’t keep up with me.”
If you or someone you love has COPD, emphysema, pulmonary fibrosis or another chronic lung disease and would like to see results like Denise’s, contact them on their website to learn more about your lung disease treatment options how to overcome it.

Becky D said... on 

I was diagnosed with severe COPD and emphysema at 48. I had LVRS (lung volume reduction surgery) a year later, which I am forever grateful for because it actually led me to www .multivitamincare .org . I have read some of their stories online before using their natural herbal formula. I had a very hard time breathing then, and even more so at night, it was so bad I couldn't sleep. I get up with a tight chest that feels blocked and can’t breathe well at all,I was excused from normal life responsibilities but natural herbs from multivitamincare org really helped a but sometimes I think is God prodigy that I was able to treat my Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease but multivitamin care herbal formula has a big impact on my recovery because my heart condition has been fully reversed . They do things for me, and were too happy to comply with their service. This is an equitable way to get off your COPD emphysema .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ping your blog, website, or RSS feed for Free TopOfBlogs

Followers